3 Reasons Your Exercise Program Isn't WorkingAug 11, 2023
by Phil Kaplan
We call it an intake.
It’s a 10-question exploration that helps me determine where someone struggling with individual health or fitness might be falling short. In the great majority of cases, the nice fitness-wanting people sitting across from me are trying.
It’s rarely for lack of effort.
It’s just that things don’t “work” as they’re supposed to. Here are real-world examples of statements that come out during an intake.
“I do Zumba 4 days a week but I can’t lose that last 15 pounds”
“I work out with a trainer 3 days a week and I just get bigger”
“I eat only plant-based and I’m just getting flabbier”
“I changed my macros but . . . “
They usually blame a circumstance, condition, or trait.
- My Mom always had high cholesterol
- I’m at the age of menopause
- I don’t have willpower
The Metabolic Reboot program is designed to eradicate false beliefs and the common mistakes that prevent goal achievement. Toward the end of this article I'll share 3 Reasons You Workouts May Not Be Delivering the Desired Results (Stress Load, Caloric Miscalculation, Exercise Selection Error), but first I want to share a few thoughts about the program that never fails. The Metabolic Reboot has already helped over 12,000 people and that number increases daily.
When I say the Reboot has helped thousands, I'd like to be a bit more specific. The Reboot has helped people from all walks of life change their bodies and lives, reverse disease, eliminate the perceived need for meds, and restore energy, libido, and love of life, and the reason it “works” is . . .
. . . because it “fixes” the mistakes that come from misinformation and common flawed beliefs.
- IT IS THE SOLUTION TO DEFEATING WEIGHT LOSS RESISTANCE
- IT IS THE KEY TO RECOVERING FULLY FROM A DIABETIC CONDITION
- IT IS THE SECRET TO RESTORING IDEAL THYROID FUNCTION AND METABOLIC EXCELLENCE
Elizabeth sat in front of me, told me “I can’t lose weight no matter what I do,” and followed with “except when I do Weight Watchers.”
The intake questions revealed that she’s followed Weight Watchers plans 6 times over the last 6 years and while she lost over 30 pounds, she gained 40! She’s 10 pounds heavier than her first go around. And she wants a “diet” despite the fact that each one failed her in the long run!
Elizabeth needs to change a few beliefs, to understand some immutable principles, and begin to reboot her Metabolism.
WHAT DOES THE METABOLIC REBOOT DO?
The Reboot ties together exercise and systemic recovery (you start with only 9 minute a day, even if you’re a Zumba, Spinning, or HIIT junkie) and allows you to “heal” your parasympathetic nervous system facilitating a release of the metabolic power you’re truly capable of commanding.
The Reboot brings together the nutritional trinkets you’ve heard, the “do this” recommendations that fly around society, and the trendy “eat this not that” suggestions that circulate on YouTube videos in a system I’ve coined, Circadian Nutrition. Once you get the “a-ha’s,” once your begin to really “get it,” nutrition become simple and the course crystal clear.
The Reboot’s Circadian Nutrition System allows you to release fat, cleanse and detoxify, and optimize fat loss without ever dieting again.
BEFORE YOU REBOOT, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
When you visit me at Infinite IMPACT, when we complete an Intake, I have insights that allow me to prescribe a regimen eliminating the “mistakes,” correcting the inadvertent adaptations (mal-adapations), and restoring balance, recovery, hormonal health, and metabolic excellence.
So many folks are hesitant because they’re “locked in” to their exercise regimens, much like Elizabeth was locked in to her flawed eating plan. If you aren’t seeing the outcome you want, you’re making a mistake, and most people in that boat are training hard when I meet them. They simple need a little course correcting.
Here are 3 Reasons “workouts” don’t work.
- Stress Load is Too High and adding an intense exercise regimen (physical stress) further elevates adrenal output creating a downward alteration in the hormonal cascade. When you take an individual who brings emotional stress, environmental stress, and a heavy workload to the table and add in an intensive weekly regimen of hard-hitting 45-60 minute workout sessions, the “axis” that drives metabolism (the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal axis) becomes corrupted creating a “fat-storage” environment, driving inflammation, and negatively impacting the thyroid glands regulation of energy. In short, “more exercise” leads to an ongoing crippling of metabolism. The key lies not only in reducing stress load, but also in modifying nutrient intake, downtime, recovery, and mitochondrial recovery. The Metabolic Reboot was designed to do precisely that.
- A Nutrient-Restrictive Diet (no carbs, sparse eating below metabolic need, elimination of fats, or a plant-based diet hindering protein synthesis) can lead to muscle catabolism and a reduction in availability of metabolic energy. When a sound routine is designed to prompt muscle development and fat loss, a dietary approach must provide “protein-sparing nutrients” sufficient to meet metabolic need while it offers a slow-release of glucose, ample storage of glycogen, ample fatty acids to meet cellular need, and a system of eating that creates a balance of pancreatic hormone output, insulin and glucagon. Building lean muscle on a plant-based diet is certainly possible, but it requires a careful discipline to ensure an adequate balance of minerals, polypeptides, and “good fats” such as CLA and the valuable Omegas. The Metabolic Reboot makes this simple.
- A Reliance Upon Aerobic Exercise or Intense Circuit Training without a consideration of fast-twitch muscle fiber targets oxidative muscle without prompting full-spectrum skeletal muscle growth. When a high-energy program is embarked upon, the initial reshaping proves motivating, but the body quickly adapts and unless a more varied regimen is embarked upon, plateaus are inevitable, overtraining injuries or symptoms are likely, and there’s usually a period of time during which the exercise is abandoned followed by a “re-start.” The Metabolic Reboot incorporates a wide variety of techniques within a very simple program prompting positive adaptation and progressive shifts to prevent plateaus.
Here’s the bottom line. If you’re exercising with a trainer, in a recurring class, in a gym, in a group setting, and you’re simply not seeing the outcome you want, take 21 days away from the habitual effort and try a Reboot. I promise this. Everything can change in 21 days!
Note: A few times a year I'll conduct a LIVE 21-Day Group Reboot at Infinite Impact in Boca. The Reboot program is normally $8500 and runs over the course of 8 weeks. This live 21 Day version delivers all of the benefit with massive support, guidance, the full online library, coaching sessions, and more . . . and it all starts with . . . the Intake!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE NEXT LIVE GROUP METABOLIC REBOOT
YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER BY CALLING 844 IMPACT9 or RUSHING AN EMAIL TO [email protected]